Or Browse by Category
Pilot Lighting Instructions for Kozy Heat Gas Fireplaces
- Open the lower grill and locate the gas value - your valve may be located behind a 'dashboard plate' and that will not interfere with the lighting of your pilot light.
- Locate the black knob on the left side (marked on/off/pilot). Push this button in and rotate counter-clockwise until the word "Pilot" is in the 6 o'clock position.
- While pressing and holding in the black knob, press the RED igniter button repeatedly; the pilot will generally light with two or three pushes on the igniter.
- Once the pilot is lit, continue to hold the valve knob in for 30 seconds, then release the knob and it will pop back out. The pilot should remain lit. If it goes out, repeat steps 2-4. If the pilot light does not stay lit, contact Sundance Energy for service.
- Next, press the same knob in slightly and turn the control counter clockwise until "On" is in the 6 o'clock position.
- To light your burner: Flip the black on/off toggle switch to the "On" position. If you are using a Remote Control or Thermostat, you will need to leave the on/off toggle switch in the "Off'" position in order for either of these components to operate.
How to light in power outage: